Sunday 15 May 2016

HEXAGONS

Been planning some throws for the motorhome. I am lucky to have some gorgeous Kaffe Facette fabric fat quarters, a present from our Paula, which I feel are perfect to go with the blue interior and the gorgeous quilt and cushions that my pal Sylvia made for me.
If I use hexies I can make little pieces by hand meaning I can make them whether we have electric on site, from the onboard generator, the portable generator - or - none of the above, ie I don't really need my sewing machine at all, unless I decide to join them together with fancy machine stitches. Win win situation. 
This is the fabric I plan to use, gorgeous.
I think I have hundreds of paper templates!
This fabric is lovely quality and this particular one means I will probably be fussy cutting so I make full use of the flowers in the pattern. I've sorted a little bag out to take to Weston Park model aircraft show next month. Not been away in the motorhome since last August!!!! Not good enough. Roll on the end of my hospital treatment so life gets back to normal.

No comments: