Friday 25 March 2016

FINISHED

The marathon, epic event spanning the last 12 months - on and off - is finally over.
I'VE FINISHED THE GARDEN THROW - YIPPEEEEE!
Here it is together with the cushions all ready for some warm sunny days outside.
 
It's been a massive learning point being the first proper patchwork I've attempted. However, my lovely pal Sylvia says, you can only call yourself a quilter once you've made a full size quilt by hand!!! I told her that's never going to happen!! LOL
I have several more in mind but to be honest, I found parts of this one really hard and those parts have put me off somewhat. I've learnt a lot but only from videos and books plus advice here and there so I could really do with some practical help before I embark on one using my 'posh' fabrics. I think I may make a few little things in the meantime.
Thanks for joining me on my introduction to patchwork and quilting journey. On the whole, it was a wonderful adventure.

3 comments:

Artyjen said...

Wow Joanne that is a fab finished piece. I'm amazed anyone goes on to making a second full sized quilt!!!! As I've said before I only made a single bed size and have never made another!!!!! Enjoy the summer 😊👍🏻

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful accomplishment, Joanne. It's a beautiful quilt - something to be very proud of! I have to disagree with your friend. At the SECC Stitchcraft show earlier this month I saw many small quilts displayed and they were all fabulous works of art. If I have time this weekend, I'll find the photos and do a post on them. In the meantime, I wish you a very happy Easter break :)

Barb said...

Wow Joanne it looks amazing. A real treasure. Barbxx