Sunday 15 February 2015

SOME PLANTS ARE RE-GROWING

To keep records of my year old (almost) perennial border, I have been taking photos each Sunday so I can see its progress, good or bad. I have to admit that the 3 squirrels that seem to frequent our bird feeder, have been digging over the soil for me despite my not wanting them to!! Things really did go to sleep for the winter and for the last 3 months, nothing has changed apart from leaves falling off the Penstemons. I managed a little tidy up the other day but to be honest you wouldn't know. However, today when I went to take the usual photos, I saw new growth. The Achillea, Verbena, Flox and even a Delphinium are actually sprouting. Spring is in the air for sure.
Its a start at least.

2 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

I am new leaf green with envy. We've been having snow for about 2 weeks now. Forget the stone of Sisyphyus, it's the snow of Sisyphus. (The pile at the end of the driveway is over 5 feet). I'm hoping my little flax plant makes it through!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Spring is about to arrive I hope - did a bit of tidying at the caravan at the weekend and it is great to see the new shoots isn't it! Hugs, Chrisx