Friday 14 November 2014

12 TAGS OF 2014 - NOVEMBER

I came home last Sunday after 2.5 weeks away in the motorhome. We needed a crash out and I actually made 30 Xmas cards whilst hubby made a couple of wooden reindeer, Santas and sleighs. I couldn't attempt this month's tag until today and have had such fun trying to get the techniques right with the supplies I have. It's been a challenge Tim but I've done it!
Luckily I save some pieces of corrugated cardboard from packaging, so had the right size to work with. The leaf however, didn't seem to fit the tag so there is a bit of a gap to the left of my tag as the bits of die cut fell off. Never mind, it still looks ok. I used a brown Dylusions spray for the splatters because as yet, I don't have any distress sprays. To splatter the tarnished brass I squeezed some stain onto my craft sheet and picked up the liquid with a brush and used my pokey tool to splatter it on the card. Most of everything else on my work area got some too!!LOL Compromise was sought for the gold foil as well but I did have the sticky embossing powder which worked a treat. I used metal flake and scrubbed off the excess with a piece of rough foam. The tag is fine for my collection and referral of the techniques so I am happy with it and there is a lovely corrugated card leaf still to get creative with.... It's unbelievable to think that there is only one more tag left this year. Where have the other 11 months gone?? With that time scale in mind I had better issue a reminder to my son-in-law that my Blog background will need changing once my December tag is completed. They make for a very special background wallpaper each year and all made by me - oh! and a lot of help from the master - Tim Holtz.

2 comments:

Artyjen said...

Mmmm where indeed has the year gone!!! lol
Happy creating.
xoxo Sioux

pearshapedcrafting said...

Woosh! I know what you mean! Love this Joanne, your leaf is gorgeous! I started with good intentions this year with Tim's tags but fell at about the 5th!! Hugs Chrisx