Saturday 9 August 2014

12 TAGS OF 2014 - AUGUST

This month Tim asked us to 'do our own thing' and use techniques, embellishments etc that were personal favourites. I've struggled with the old mojo for a few weeks and time is running out for me to 'play' as I need to get sorted for going away next month plus, by the time I get back the summer will be over and other things take priority. I've had this tag sitting on a little shelf in my craft room for a while and when I looked at it, it really is made up of lots of the crafty things I love. With that in mind I've decided to use it as my August tag.
I swooshed my tag through just 3 colours of Distress Stain and then went over the whole tag with Distress Ink. Love doing that. I then roughed up the edges and used just a little ink around them to hide the cream of the tag. The Frameworks dies are my favourites so much so that I bought them all!! I glued some of Tim's papers to grunge and ran it over the Lattice die through my Vagabond. I also ran it through using plain grunge and some mirror card. I made a rose using the Tattered Florals die and some Vintage Shabby paper and cut some leaves from Distress Core'dinations with the Spring Greenery strip die. I already had the little swirl in my stash. The bit of lace at the bottom is cut from card using my Vintage Lace strip die. Obviously the saying is also a Tim stamp. I did enjoy making this tag challenging myself by using only 3 colours. The whole experience was led by a dear lady who now has a little challenge group and every so often we 'play', another bit of fun......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the tag! I love that flower! :-D

pearshapedcrafting said...

Doing your own thing like great! Love the colour choice! Chrisx