Thursday 24 April 2014

MY GARDEN PLANT RECORD

My pal Sonia sent me a Tim binder for Christmas. It contained plain and patterned pages - made from Tim Holtz papers if course - plus others that had been made into secret pockets. Such a clever idea and coupled with a lovely little verse and charm. I was more than over the moon.
I hadn't given much thought to its use, I just oodled at it until we filled the big pond in and doubled the perennial border. I knew straight away how to use my precious binder. A record of all the plants and some tips on their care. These are just a couple of the pages. 
It sits happily next to my Chemistry 102 binder in the corner of my workspace.

Thank you Sonia. It's a real treasure now. 

3 comments:

soniajones said...

you're very welcome - I knew you'd do something very creative with it and you have! xxx

Artyjen said...

Ooh! Great use of the binder....I have some binders for my wedding breakfast table decorations! Will post at some point!!! Sorry to tease ;)
xoxo Sioux
P.S. The brads that come with it are next to useless have had to fasten mine with seam binding!!!

Elizabeth said...

What a good idea and such a lovely gift too. I've just been saving the labels from new plants in a box - maybe they deserve a notebook like yours too. Elizabeth xx