Wednesday 3 July 2013

WOYWW #213

Good morning fellow woywwers where ever you may be. I'm in the soggy NW of England hoping that today will dry up a bit so I can go outside. Julia may also have some rain today but no doubt we will all be finding our way around to each other's space and having a sneak at all the craft desks.
I know I said the 'X' word but I have a plan this year to make cards each month or thereabouts so I can also make little hand made presents for my best buddies. Some of you may remember I was crafting outside in the sunshine and had some papier mache letters on the table. Many of you were intrigued that I said they were for a Xmas card. I try to make something different each year for my hairdresser (she keeps every one and displays them throughout December in the salon) so this is the start of her 'card' for this year:
This is the front of the letters - Qube being the name of the salon and this is the back

I need to store them now but nearer the time I shall be mounting them on a base so that they stand up.
Nothing else on my work space because it's clear of clutter ready for the next project or DT piece. My challenge blog - ATCs with Attitude have taken on 3 new team members and they have been uploading their samples for the next challenge a week on Friday. I am blown away by the amazing ATCs they have made.
I had better think harder for mine from now on.
Just a little bit of happiness came my way this week, I booked Tim Holtz workshop at the end of August - woopee! but I also had to book another 5 days at the start of our holiday to accommodate it. Such a hard life sometimes.
Happy WOYWW everyone, Keep dry or cool whatever your weather and spare a thought for those in Arizona which has proved to be such a devastating tragedy.

8 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Love it Joanne, and how thoughtful that is. Bet your salongal will trot it out every Christmas hereafter, I would! Well done on getting a place at the workshops..I turned my back on the computer for ten minutes and completely missed the announcements!

ike said...

Those letters look AWESOME !!!
Just been over and joined your ATC site too :-) I LUV ATCs.... hope you don't mind some 'Dark' stuff in your Challenges ??!!!
Happy WOYWW

IKE xx #30

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a great gift! Hope you are on the morning workshop!! See you soon! Chrisx

lisa said...

Lots of woywwers are excitied to be on the workshop I notice today. Bet you have an amazing time.
Love your letters, they are stunning. Your hairdresser will display them all year, they are so beautiful.
Hugs Lisax #72

Gez Butterworth said...

Your letters are sure to be loved & admired. They are FANTASTIC. Great news to here you will be spending some time with Tim, very well deserved.xx

The Taming of the Glue said...

That is such a brilliant idea for your local salon and much nicer than a card for them to display. Hugs. Pam#27

ria gall said...

Hi Joanna
I love the christmas piece you are making for your hairdresser really lovely she will be showing that off for sure
Happy WOYWW enjoy the rest of your week
Ria #52

Beansieleigh said...

Beautiful letters you've made, and nice meeting you via WOYWW.. But yes, that aside, what a heartbreaking tragedy that has happened in Arizona. My heart goes out to all the surviving families of these fallen heroes. It is good to keep them in our prayers. ~tina