Saturday 9 March 2013

MY TAKE ON A LOVELY CARD

I saw what I consider to be a really lovely but simple card in the April issue of Craft Stamper, so decided to make something similar:
The base card is  6"x6" Papermania textured card, just a lovely finish to it. I used a Marianne creatables flower die for the flowers which I cut from plain white card which I had coloured and stamped with Distress paints and Tim's Mixed Media stamps.
The 'twirling' bit always gets me as I always roll the flowers the wrong way, see the orange one. Anyway, I decided to leave it and rolled the others correctly. I used Cosmic Shimmer glue to stick them together. I painted the distress paint on the card, spiced marmalade, barn door and peeled paint - same as on the flowers - dried each one then brushed a bit of picket fence paint over them through a Crafters Workshop stencil.
I already had the white swirl die cut so used that instead of trying to cut more. It's all assembled and glued down with Cosmic shimmer.
Rather stunning but very simple. Makes a change from the messes I usually make like this WIP:

No comments: