Thursday 14 March 2013

HELS SUNDAY STAMPER CHALLENGE - USE NEW STASH

Not joined in with many challenges for a long time. To be honest, I haven't gotten over winter yet which always knocks me sideways. I hate the dark days and I hate not being able to have my door open so I can just walk outside as though it were another room. This winter has been particularly bad because it looks like I may have succumbed to Photo Dermatitis, something you get from sunshine abroad!! It would make sense if I'd ever been abroad to get the darn condition in the first place. Anyway, next week I may just find out what it is that is hurting like mad and driving me insane. I digress - sorry.
Hels asked that we use either new craft stash or something we have had for ages but not used yet. I may have done both but took a photo of the new stash I used:
Stencils and embossing paste. I also used a black sheet of Clearly for Art which although not just purchased it is new. Oh! and a 12"x12" Kaiser Kraft sheet of butterflies -that was new.
Hels makes amazing art, mainly in tag form and I wanted to make a tag but to also use it to make a card. I came up with this:
Distress inks through the masks, bits of torn dictionary pages, smidges of traditional tan paint. Lovely and I didn't make too much of a mess.
It ended up as this:
I can't tell you how happy I am with this card. Usually I make an awful mess but this one has worked. I have some metallic waxes that you spread with your finger and I used about 3 different colours on the black embossing paste. The camera hasn't picked up the subtle colours but they almost match the background paper I used to matt onto the 8"x8" base card over the black matt. I also managed to tie a decent bow using 3 ribbons, 2 of which I distress stained to match the card.
So I will enter this to the challenge and await the critical eye of the challenge host after she has thrilled us at 3pm and 6pm on Create and Craft today.

6 comments:

Artyjen said...

Aah! That's lovley.
xoxo Sioux

Hels Sheridan said...

omg that is STUNNING... LOVE how you combined the extreme masking with the stencilling.. genius! Hoping that you get some relief from teh dermatitis... nowt I can suggest apart from long sleeves and a hat... oh and a yasmak... and maybe a parasol, you could swirl a parasol like someone from an Emily Brontw novel... I reckon it would suit ya xx Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

rae d said...

lovliness in itself! x

Minxy said...

Can see why Hels is trying to trick you outta this card, It's stunning x

Elaine said...

Beautifully done - love the subtle colours!!

Becky said...

Love the card