Friday 8 February 2013

ATCs WITH ATTITUDE #33 - BE MY VALENTINE

Thank you for all the lovely entries for our last challenge and a big well done to the winners.

Our theme for this fortnight's challenge is BE MY VALENTINE 
We have a new sponsor - When the Scrap Hits the Fun
I chose 'Peter & Mary with Balloon & Sentiment' for my sample.
My background card was made by mopping up ink on my craft sheet from a previous project and once dry running it through my Big Shot using a Tim Holtz Valentine Alterations embossing folder. I re-sized the didi image to ATC measurements and printed it twice. The balloon frill is tissue tape pleated around the outside of the image and the heart was cut from the centre of it and stuck to the front with 3D foam.
I coloured Peter and Mary with Distress pens and added a bit of glossy accents to the 3 hearts on the basket. I then re-arranged it all on the card, again with 3D foam and a bit of string. The sentiment is attached with a tiny staple.
The photo could be better so I am really sorry about that but the light quality is awful just now and despite playing around with different camera settings, white card and various places around my home, this was the best I got.
Now then. Over the last several months our little challenge blog has gradually stepped away from it's true meaning ie, making Artist trading Cards. The themes have been generally forgotten and a whole lot of 'anything goes' greeting cards have been entered. From our next challenge on 22nd February, we will no longer accept anything other than ATCs and they must be made with the relevant theme in mind.
If you take a look back at our promotion challenge - details HERE - you will be amazed at some of the ATC creations and I hope there will be something there to inspire you and encourage you to have a go.  We look forward to seeing what you make.

3 comments:

Artyjen said...

Love the balloon and frill ;)
Mmmm....like the theme ;) Will have to have a go :)
xoxo Sioux

fatmonica said...

I love the background to this and the balloon frill.It's a great ATC.I know what you mean about getting decent pictures-it can be a pain can't it!

Dwita said...

I like the way you wrap the heart with the note paper. What an idea!