Saturday 13 October 2012

IS THIS RECYCLING?

I had to buy 4 papier mache boxes to make my apothecary but didn't need the lids:
so I am left with them cluttering the minuscule bit of storage space I have.
A certain time of year is fast approaching which means making and buying presents for nearest and dearest. I thought I would have a go at making. So, spurred on by my unbelievable canvas which Hels made for me on commission, I decided to bite the bullet and 'attack' a lid.
I didn't want to 'copy' Hels' design - not that I stand a cat in hells job of doing that - but it wouldn't be right and darn right rude, but I did want to - shall I say - have a go and follow the information I tried to glean from just looking and admiring it, if that makes sense. I hope it looks ok 'cos it does to me:

This is destined for a very dear friend and even though I know she sees my blog, I hope she likes it when she finally sees it at that 'special' time of year.

4 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Aw! Come on now! Not just ok but fan-tastic! You've definitely found a brilliant way to use up those lids! Love, Chrisx

Gez Butterworth said...

WOW!!!! Joanne... this is just AMAZING x x x

Redanne said...

Hi Joanne, it is absolutely beautiful and I think Hels would be very proud of your effort and impressed that you wanted to do it too. It is stunning. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Hels Sheridan said...

Just doing a catch up, I LOVE this... how fab, love the colours and the layout... you perfected it hun x