Saturday 8 September 2012

WW #48 - BLACK & WHITE & ONE OTHER COLOUR

I had such fun with last week's card, 'back to school'. Not only did I win a top 3 place from Wicked Wednesday, but I also won one from Just Some Lines too. How chuffed am I. Thank you to both challenge blogs.
This week's theme can be interpreted in so many ways. I decided to go along with something I saw in Craft Stamper magazine where different layers and Gesso formed the background.
I used a piece of mount board (for my US pals, mount board is used to frame pictures etc) and covered it with a thin layer of Gesso. Whilst drying, I managed to cut the orange oval from card. Not an easy task when the dies you have are all the wrong size!! I then arranged a torn piece of white doily, a torn piece of water colour paper - just the bit that was fastening it to the spine - and stuck them all down with glue and seal from Ranger. I stamped the flowers at the top right using black Archival and then stamped some tiny flowers and swirls onto 1 layer of tissue paper using black Stazon. I roughly cut these out and carefully stuck them to the card using more glue and seal. The tissue simply disappears leaving the stamped images. A quick squirt of Perfect Pearls copper and a black marker around the edge to form a frame - done. This technique is a great way of using up tiny left overs and can make some rather appealing results.
Right, I'm off to await the sun and then I have to paint some wood preserve on my greenhouse before the winter comes, although in the UK, we are still waiting for summer!!!

6 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Joanne, well done on not one but two wins! I would be well chuffed too. Great technique with the gesso and also the way you have done the flowers, have done that on candles but never on a card. Thanks for the inspiration, will have a go at that. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Beautiful, my friend. Congrats on your wins! :) Thanks so much for joining us again at Wicked Wednesday.

Sandi said...

oh so pretty, hugs

Denice said...

Omg, so many details went into this wonderful atc...loce all the texture! Thnx for joining us at Wicked Wednesday again this week!
:Dxx

Kim said...

What a great texture technique. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday.

Sharon said...

I love the look of this Joanne - great texture!! Thanks for joining us again at Wicked Wednesday this week!