Tuesday 3 July 2012

12 TAGS OF 2012 - JULY

Tim certainly set a challenge today. Not the actual techniques to achieve this month's tag, but where to find my air can!!!!!
In the end I had to resort to using a straw and nearly blowing my brains out apart from almost choking.....However, on the second attempt I managed to make a 'reasonable' background . Obviously July 4th is very special in the US but the colours, red, white and blue have also been special for us in the UK. I therefore decided to go patriotic myself and came up with this interpretation for the July tag -
The flag is one given to me by the olympic torch procession, so glad I kept it.
Thanks for another bit of fun Tim.

8 comments:

Artyjen said...

I can well believe the blowing your brains out feeling!!! LOL Made a great tag though ;)
xoxo Sioux

Cynthia said...

I love your tag! Sorry you couldn't find your air can, but I think you improvised quite well!! I love the effects you achieved with the straw!

Winnie said...

Great tag! love that you improvised and used a straw. I just finished June, so I will work on mine this weekend. Thanks for the hint as I have straws!

Sue said...

Love your tag and the improvising without an air can! How lucky you were to get the UK flag and incorporate it into your design. Hope your neck feels better soon.

Elaine said...

It's a great tag. Who needs an air can when you have a straw!!

BJ said...

Just have to look at all the British entries, super tag, especially the lion stamp. BJ

Jassy said...

Brill tag! I was looking for a straw but It appears I gave them away, maybe for the best although clearly it works well:)

Sue said...

Its a really great tag,well done you. I've only just started mine with one day to go!! Having to use a straw too & cannot believe how difficult it has been! You did a great job. Sx