Saturday 17 March 2012

WICKED WEDNESDAY ATC #23 - FLYING THINGS

I love this little challenge blog. I met most of my friends through making ATCs so they are special little cards. Wicked Wednesday ATC has some varied themes to have a play with and this week is no exception. I was going to use an air balloon stamp but decided that would be steampunk, and you know me and steampunk - I will crack it one day. So instead, I decided to search out ALL my butterfly stamps and use ones which would fit an ATC. This is what I ended up with:
Bit difficult to photograph in order to show the acetate ones,

A direct photo shows the silicone too much,

I tried to cover the 4 blobs of silicone I used to make the acetate stand out but failed on a couple of them. Still, you get the drift. I used black Archival to stamp a mix of butterflies and little beasties on the base card, coloured them with distress markers then distressed over the whole card. I then found some acetate packaging and cut a butterfly border with a Tim Holtz on the edge die. Cut in half this just fit along each 2.5" side. I used a mix of alcohol inks to colour this. I managed to hide 2 of the silicone blobs with little 3D peel off butterflies.
I think the first angled photo will be my entry this week. Another bit of fun.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Just beautiful Joanne!! I love all the butterflies and the 3D effect is great! Thanks for joining us again at Wicked Wednesday!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Ooooh - what beautiful butterflies and I think you did a fantastic job of photographing it! :)

Denice said...

Ooooh, I had to double click on all the photos so I could see the detailing on this fab ATC...I love all the dimension and alcohol ink, a tactile girl's dream come true! Thanks for joining us at WW, you rocked this week's challenge.
:Dx

Dr. Mary said...

I absolutely LOVE butterflies! Love the multimedia and techniques that went into this, very impressed :) THanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesdays!