Wednesday 4 January 2012

WOYWW NUMBER 135 - BUT NO. 1 THIS YEAR

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all fellow woywwers. I hope you had an amazing celebration. We came home on Monday afternoon after our 2 weeks away finally clear of the bugs we succumbed to during that time. There had been a cancellation just as we arrived on site, so DH booked us another week so we could celebrate the New Year by going to the pub -which is literally at the gate - and enjoy the festivities, disco etc. Well that was the plan. However, I got a nauseous cold on Xmas Eve which laid me low for the next few days, then DH caught it, which laid him low over New Year's Eve, therefore, no pub.... We are ok now but really could have done without all that.
I gained a year whilst away and recieved some fantastic presents and cards. One of which I promised to show you - my new craft bag, just look at this:

It's absolutely amazing and massive so will hold long rulers and 12x12 papers etc.
I can't wait to use it but will have to put a chain and padlock on it fastened to my wrist LOL.


Some time ago I was making a Xmas present and obviously couldn't let you see, but, as the festivities are over here it is:
It's a padded notice board and is supposed to be a heart. I had so much trouble with the measurements, that it looks like a kidney to me!!! Anyway, I sat up 'til nearly midnight to finish off the hand sewing so I hope it was worth while. One thing is for sure, I won't be making another!
For those of you lovely ladies out there who are long suffering due to a partners hobby, I just would like to inform you that whilst we were away we took a bus ride into Newcastle (about 45 miles), only to come back with ANOTHER guitar!!!!! Just how many guitars can one man play???? That's 4 he's got now.
Suppose I can't complain, after all, I did get a load of craft vouchers for Xmas and I won a prize from Tim for completing the 12 tags so have another craft voucher to spend. Just how much craft stash can one girl have..................
Hey Julia, what did you get for Christmas then? And, hey woywwers, what did you get????

19 comments:

jude said...

Let me answer that question.How much craft stash can one girl have....NEVER ENOUGH..lol even though we keep saying oh dont need that then something else comes on the market you cant live without..lol
Have fun spending your vouchers
hugs judex 10

sandra de said...

Fab bag and it will be perfect for all those 12" things that we have to take with us. Such a pity you were unwell hope things improve for the rest of 2012.

Tertia said...

Lovely bag and lovely heart you made (doen't look anything like a kidney to me!)
I got the best Christmas present ever! My DH treated the WHOLE family (all 15) to a holiday at the beach! It was so wonderful to have all my children and grandchildren together in the same house for 10 days!
I did happen to pass a scrapshop while there and some stamps just jumped into my basket. (don't know why I was carrying a shopping basket when I wasn'y going to buy anything. It really is a very strange thing. LOL)

Inkypinkycraft said...

You can never have enough crafty stash, I am amazed that there is always something I could reallydo with,but am very lucky and remind myself this often!! Happy new year and happy woyww, trace x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Fab bag! You're going to be tempted to get so much in there!! I think it's very fair that you and your DH share everything - colds, new stash etc, lol!
Happy New Year!
Hugs, LLJ #34 xx

Neil said...

Happy New year to you. I hope 2012 is a full, busy, fun and creative time for you.
Neil#49(ish)

May said...

love, love the bag, you got me whooping and it's not even mine x x love the notice board to, Hugs May x x x x

Helen T said...

I love that padded notice board, it looks fab (and I guessed it was a heart before I read the text). Happy New Year.

Julia Dunnit said...

Youll need that bag j ust for thenew shopping with all the voices! I don't think the heart looks like a kidney at all, and I bet the recipient loves it, it's fab!
I was horribly (beautifully) spoiled....am typing to young my iPad!!

Katie said...

I'm so sorry you were sick over Christmas. That is terrible! I love the heart board, it is beautiful! And that craft bag is wonderful, I've never seen one like that before, but I so want one now!

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

I have 4 guitars sitting in our front upstairs room and my dh can't have picked them up since he was 17 when he left for uni (Scottish system) - at least 15 years s go........
We can both hoard for the world and it would appear no you can never have enough of anything, be it paper, stash or fabric, sigh. Happy New Year.

Enfys said...

A great first crafty peek of the year. iPad for me - I am in love! Happy new year!
hugs
Enfys

Hazel said...

What a beautiful bag - looks very roomy (Hazel, WOYWW 108) x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

There must be an equitable rule of thumb... every guitar equals X amount of crafting goods. I'm sure that's how it goes!

I think it is great to have a bag big enough to fit long rulers and 12x12 paper. I had mussing up papers and getting stabbed by rulers sticking out. Your back rocks!

I got a Big Shot, stamps, stamps, stamps, and lots of papers for Xmas myself. Then the other night the hubby said, "You have too much paper. I'm not buying you any more." I hope it isn't true.

Robin Panzer Art said...

What a great new craft bag! Sure hope you are all feeling better! Happy WOYWW #5 Robin Panzer Art Studio 33

ScrappnBee said...

Ooohh! The craft bag looks awesome! I am glad that you and DH are feeling better. Sorry that you had to miss out on the pub though! Here's to a happy and healthy 2012! -Amanda 28

505whimsygirl said...

Oh the craft bag is fabulous!! I'm drooling here. It seems that there were a lot of people getting sickly over the holiday; I hope you and yours are feeling better now.

Have fun playing with the new goodies!

Kay
WOYWW #92

Anne said...

Love the bag Ialso got a bag from a fellow cardmaker at the class I go to. Sorry to read your were poorly so were we. Happy New Year. Anne x

Elizabeth said...

Well now, those guitars can only mean one thing, he can't possibly object to your acquisition of all things crafty :)) BTW, belated birthday wishes ... nice pressies and the padded board looks like a heart to me :) Congrats on your Timmy win too. All the best for 2012. Elizabeth x #60