Thursday 11 August 2011

HEATHER'S JULY BOOKMARK SWAP

I received my 3 bookmarks from Heather and jumped up and down with joy because they are so gorgeous.
Another special part of this swap is, I personally know each of the girls who made the bookmarks I received, including the lovely Heather herself. That doesn't always happen when you join in a challenge.
Heather made a 'thank you' tag for me based on the author Jane Austen. Have a look:
Aren't those colours lovely, My favourite.
The first tag I took from the envelope was this one from Chris.

Her book was the Darling Buds of May by Ernest Bates. Do you remember the tv series? Lovely choice of subtle colours for a spring theme and the whole bookmark is glistening with perfect pearls spray.
Next out of the envelope was this laminated bookmark by the super talented Sioux.

I personally did not know the book Sioux chose, 'Into the Blue' by Robert Goddard, but having won the W H Smith "Thumping Good Read" award, may just give it a go. Sioux has great imagination for all the projects she works on, my bookmark is no exception.
The final one out of the envelope was this beauty from top demo and workshop attendee (and friend) Sheila.

Based on Lewis Carroll's 'Alice in Wonderland', Sheila has interpreted Alice in a whimsical way. The whole thing is tactile due mainly to the subtle embossing and I just love the 'splattered' background.
If you would like to see the bookmarks I made for this challenge, follow the link here: http://mytobyjug.blogspot.com/2011/07/heathers-bookmarks.html
Thank you girls for these bookmarks. I will keep them all safe, and a great big THANK YOU  to Heather for running this exciting challenge.

No comments: