Thursday 18 August 2011

FOR THE SAKE OF JOURNALING

I got inky and had a ball.
After watching a demo by Dyan Reaveley, the mistress of art journaling, I decided to have a go at a double spread.
I missed out using distress stains first (only because I had forgotten that bit from the demo!!) and started by water misting the pages. Adirondak colour wash sprays came next and when dry, I added gesso through the gorgeous butterfly stencil. That took a bit of drying but once it was, I sprayed some blue colour wash over it, allowing it to run down the page.

Next, I searched out some stamps and a coffee Archival pad which I used without a stamp block over bits of the pages.

Becoming more interesting now.

More searching for stamps and I found these leaves from the Artistic Stamper. I inked them up with black Archival this time and stamped them along the top of the pages.

The circles at the bottom are some Claudine Hellmuth stamps and the saying is one of Tim's. I used distress ink to colour in the leaves and some white paint dabber to fill in a few of the circles. Lastly, I cut out a bird from one of Dyan's downloadables and hey presto! job's a gud 'un.

This was such fun that I started another..................
Not sure where this one is going as yet, but I'll keep popping back to it through the day.

3 comments:

Artyjen said...

Hey girl! Fab-u-lous! :)
I can tell you had fun....it's addictive I think though ;)
xoxo Sioux

pearshapedcrafting said...

Looks as though you are having too much fun tho'!! I'm stuck with trying to declutter - we've decided that we need to start now if we are going to sell this place!!
Dyan's technique is definitely one to try though - yours looks brilliant!
Love Chrisx

Unknown said...

This looks like such fun! I am loving the white stencil butterfly I may have to have a go at this for sure ;0) Dxx