Monday 2 May 2011

A W.I.P.

Well I think it's in progress but I hoped it was finished, however, looking at it, I think it's lacking 'something'.
May find some words to add a bit of depth, we'll see.
Anyway, not much crafting going on here because 'peg leg' and I have been extremely busy all week putting up new fascia boards, power washing the paths, etc. etc. We are having the outside walls coated with an insulation render starting tomorrow, so this little tag just 'happened' in a few spare moments the other day.
I wanted to use the Studio paints I have and make something really bright for a change.
The houses are by Claudine Hellmuth. I used a white dabber on the sponge stamps and over-stamped the clear version using barn door distress ink. However, the base of the tag was the most fun. I used 3 colours of Studio paint, dash of red, yellow pastel and classic teal and mixed them around before painting the tag all over. I had some grungepaper on my shelf that I had die cut some swirls from, so I used that as a stencil together with the teal paint. The little circles are made using the top of paint dabbers.
I really like these paints and hope to gradually have them all so I can make bright backgrounds. Also, I downloaded the mixing chart which gives examples of how to make 51 colours with just the 15 pots.
I found some red voile, some red sticky netting and some white bobble ribbon plus a little key charm which I painted with white dabber, to finish off.
However, as mentioned at the start, I'm not sure it's finished and may just be a Work In Progress.

1 comment:

Zoechaos said...

Love the colours bright bold and striking, think maybe you are right and just a little something more will work. But the images and detail on this tag are Fab! XOXO Zoe