Tuesday 26 April 2011

ANOTHER FLOWER ATC

I hope you all had a lovely Easter break in the sunshine. I captured plenty of the warm sun at every opportunity, did some gardening - slowly, and had a BBQ with family. Sadly though, no eggs. I've never had an Easter egg since I was little - she waits for the ahs and sobs - maybe next year eh? Still, I'm lucky not to be a chocoholic, but give me a ton of salted peanuts any day!!! Actually though, I did have the odd glass of wine whilst sat in the sun. Odd being the operative word...............
Not sure whether I had one too many or the person who bottled it had.........
I made another ATC using some of the paper roses in my stash and did my usual trick of making the background, stamping with distress inks then trying to cover it with crackle paint. When will I ever learn that this doesn't work. Having said that, I stopped quickly and the result is ok this time.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Junie said...

Hi came across your blog through Happy Daze !!! New to all this ATC and mixed media but loving it !! I think your ATC is just gorgeous !!! Belated Happy Easter

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab roses... they are gorgeous! Loving the background... I like adding a dab of rock candy but I know what you mean, it makes the DI beneath smudge... nice and distressy though :O)) Happy Easter... sorry you didn't get an egg... it won't help if I tell you that I had...erm... three rofl (bought two myself tho rofl) xx

jordiegirl said...

Sorry you didn't have any eggs - we had 1 each.

Lovely roses ATC.

soniajones said...

hi Joanne love the roses - I actually made one over the weekend and it really looked like a rose (as opposed to a piece of scrunch up paper!)I didn't get an egg either! argh!!like you though I'd settle for peanuts (sometimes covered in chocolate - snickers??) and a glass of wine anyday - speak soon xxx