Monday 14 March 2011

HANGING SIGN WISHES

After having spent yesterday doing that cl****ng thing - still can't say that word! I thought a bit of crafting would not go amiss today. Also, it's Monday which means a little help from your crafting buddies is called for. However, my helper today was not much use and simply left paw prints all over my card and paper.
So, I decided to make a card for some friend's wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks.
Made from some lovely shiny card stock rather than grunge, I simply cut the sign from that and the bracket from black card which I rubbed over with metallic wax. The sign is distressed with victorian velvet, worn lipstick, tumbled glass, chipped sapphire and wild honey DIs edged lightly with walnut stain. I then swiped both the red pads onto my craft sheet, spritzed them with heirloom gold perfect pearls spray and 'dunked' my swirl stamp into the ink before stamping onto the card. I dried it all with a heat gun and then stamped the word using victorian velvet.
The eyelets are WRMK. The sign is held in place simply with the wire which forms the stems to the paper flowers. I spritzed water on to the left over ink and again dunked my stamp into it to stamp the background on the card - there was also enough left to colour 2 little nestability tags. I used black 3D foam to attach the bracket but left the sign hanging.
Turned out ok me thinks.

No comments: