Sunday 23 August 2009

DISTRESSED SKIES




Sounds really depressing doesn't it? Distressed Skies, but it's great fun really.


I caught up with Lindsay Mason at Cardcraft UK, Lancaster yesterday and she showed me the technique to make distressed skies. I've had a go in the past with varying results but apparently it's all down to the cardstock.


The 2 shown above have come out with different effects mainly due to the card base. A bit of a coating on cream card works best. I have all the current Distress ink pads so have had fun again. The gorgeous tree stamp is one of Lindsays latest designs and works so well for this scene. Once I have mastered this technique a bit more, I think I'll have a go at a full size Xmas card!

2 comments:

sharon said...

These are great Joanne. Distress inks are another thing I NEED in my craft box!

Lindsay Mason said...

They look great Joanne...knew you would master it with the right cardstock! Hope you are having a wonderful time - despite the rubbish weather! Lindsay x