Monday 17 August 2009

B for BIRD


Must have been on a roll yesterday because I made a couple of ATCs too.

This one is inspired by an article in the August Craft Stamper magazine called 'Alter That!' The challenge was to alter a clock but Gail Milburn, the designer, also made a tag which I think is fab. It looks a bit Tim Holtzy and that's what caught my eye.

I used grey card for the base which I stamped swirls on with Ranger Archival ink in black. I then used some worn lipstick distress ink down one side. I gathered some black and white tartan ribbon and roughly sewed it to keep the gathers which I stuck to the bottom edge of the card. I have some sticky webbing which I struggled to fray before adding that to the card behind a chipboard letter B. Both the bird and crown are acrylic stamps which I have stamped, blended and added to the card with 3D foam.

It's different anyway!

No comments: