Sunday 31 August 2008

BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLIES



Leonies Fab Friday #18 - Punch Power


This gave me the chance to sort through my punches and Sizzix dies, but I couldn't get them back in the drawer!!


I once went to an ATC-making afternoon at Cardcraft Plus in Preston where the theme that day was punches. I just couldn't get on with using them to make something meaningful. This challenge has been the same. I seem to have a mental block when it comes to design. Anyway, not one to be beaten, I gave it a go.


I used a corner punch on 2 of the corners and then 3 different sizes of 3 designs of butterflies, punching 3 each. Must be a good number this 3. Drat! I should have punched 3 corners aswell. I used glossy accents to stick the vellum butterflies to the hammered card before putting little gems on each. The rub on is one from a collection of Anna Griffin.


Can't really say I had fun with this one, but I did have fun trying to put everything away again.


P.S. Happy birthday Leonie.

2 comments:

sharon said...

This is very pretty Joanne. Butterflies seem to appear in my crafting a lot!
x

Joanne said...

Thank you Sharon. I made a birthday card on this theme, ie. white on white butterflies, last year for a friend and it was lovely. Not very good with punches so its about all I could muster up.
xx