Sunday 18 May 2008

TEMPT ME NOT and PAPER MASK




Leonie's Fab Friday Challenge #10 - Masking


I found this weeks challenge quite hard. Firstly, I don't have any mask peel offs, secondly, I don't have any stamps suitable for masking at ATC sizes. However, I will not be beaten and have given it a go. Today I had the privilege of attending a workshop at the new Dawn Bibby Design Studio. I learnt a technique which involved - toilet paper!!. Luckily the stamp I was given resembled a mask. You take a stamp which is quite well grooved, place a piece of toilet paper over it and using a paint brush, wet the paper and gently push it into the stamp. Repeat this using 6 or 8 pieces of paper. Leave to dry before colouring the image with a dry substance, I have used metallic rub ons on mine. The background to my ATC is achieved with Tim Holtz alcohol inks. I then stuck a maribou feather to it and then the 'cut out' toilet paper image over the top which I embellished with a few sticky gems. I hope this meets the challenge because, once again, I had fun.


Having watched Leonie on QVC this afternoon - 20 May - I realised I had some of those gorgeous Art Quest paints. Mine are the Pearl Ex-Press. As it has been a lovely sunny afternoon, I took all my peel offs outside and searched for something suitable for this weeks challenge as I know my first attempt was not really what was being asked for. I found this cheeky kitty from Magenta. Following Leonie's example, I stuck the peel off to a piece of black card which was slightly smaller than ATC size, then painted over the whole card using the colours, super copper, super bronze, super russet and a touch of brilliant gold. After removing the peel off I stuck a few gems to the kittie's collar. The fish embellishement is suspended on a bit of acetate so that it 'wiggles' in front of the kittie's eyes. I then simply used 3D foam to stick the card to the base card. My husband came up with the title 'TEMPT ME NOT'.


No comments: